Braces are commonly associated with metal brackets and wires, but Invisalign can help correct teeth and bite issues without many of the negatives associated with traditional braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment that utilizes a series of custom-made aligners to gradually straighten your teeth over time They’re designed according to a unique, digital treatment plan that’s created by your dentist A series of clear plastic aligners is then custom-made to apply the right amount of force in the right places to achieve the results you need
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers the following:
- Effectiveness: Invisalign is effective in correcting many types of teeth-straightening and bite issues
- Appearance: Unlike traditional metal-and-wire braces, Invisalign aligners are clear and are virtually invisible
- Comfort: They are custom-made for your mouth and is comfortable; there are no wires or metal brackets to irritate or injure your mouth
- Freedom: You’re free to eat and drink what you want – since you can remove them while you’re eating
- Easier dental care: You’ll remove your aligners to brush and floss easily as compared to traditional braces can make at-home dental care slightly difficult since your teeth are partially covered with metal
- Ability to monitor progress: Your doctor can monitor the progress that’s being made to make sure the plan they created is proceeding as it should
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
You may be a good candidate for Invisalign if the following applies to you:
- Want an easy to wear, comfortable solution to your dental issues
- Concerned about the appearance of traditional braces
- Willing to commit to wearing the aligners for about 22 hours a day
- Have one or more of the following issues to correct:
- Mildly crooked teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Imperfect positioning of your teeth when your mouth is closed (malocclusion)
- Gaps in your teeth
- Overcrowding in your teeth
- Mild underbites/overbites or overlapping teeth
What are Some Myths About Invisalign?
The following are some common myths about Invisalign:
- Too expensive – the cost of Invisalign is comparable to traditional braces
- Need to visit your dentist every two weeks – You may be able to go three to four months between appointments with proper planning
- Only available online – Invisalign is available through your local dentist/orthodontist and online vendors do not sell actual Invisalign, and their products can be completely ineffective
- Invisalign will affect your speech – If your aligners are made to fit properly from a digital scan or accurate impression, your speech shouldn’t be affected
- You have to choose between traditional braces and Invisalign – Your doctor can use a combination of different technologies to treat you, depending on your needs and preferences
If you’re interested in finding out more about Invisalign, make an appointment today for a consultation with Central Avenue Dental We have offices conveniently located in NYC’s Financial District as well as Valley Stream, NY and will give you all the information you need to make the best possible decisions about your dental care