What Is Composite Bonding?
Composite teeth bonding, also known as cosmetic dental bonding, is a process that dentists use to repair teeth or, in a more comprehensive procedure, create nicer looking teeth. Composites are white or natural-looking materials that replaced the gold and silver fillings that were used many years ago, and most of us already have white or composite fillings. Composite dental bonding can be used for just a small fix of a single tooth or more extensively on several teeth that show the most when you smile, like a mini smile makeover.
Central Avenue Dental is one of New York’s premier dental practices, with convenient locations in Manhattan and Valley Stream. Our experienced dentists and staff are experts in general dentistry services, including cosmetic dental bonding and composite tooth repair in NYC. Furthermore, Dr. Alevtina Edgar and Dr. Igor Ilyabayev are both members of the American Dental Association and New York State Dental Association. We always put your satisfaction first and have been recognized as a Patient’s Choice Winner on Opencare. Visit us today for expert composite bonding and cosmetic tooth repair in NYC!
What Is Composite Dental Bonding Used For?
Composite teeth bonding is used to:
- Repair cracked or chipped teeth
- Close gaps or spaces between the teeth
- Build up worn-down edges of teeth
- Sculpting surfaces of teeth for a smile mini-makeover
Cosmetic Dental Bonding for That Perfect Smile
A larger amount of composite material may be directly applied and “sculpted” to the surfaces of teeth that show the most when you smile. It’s like a “mini smile makeover.” Sometimes this procedure is called direct composite veneers, but many people just refer to them as “composite bonding.” Why composite bonding instead of porcelain veneers? It’s an ideal and often less expensive solution for people with spaces, chips, staining, or slightly crooked or misshapen teeth.
What to Expect When You Have Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
For a single chipped tooth or space issue, composite tooth bonding/cosmetic tooth repair can usually be done during a normal dental visit. Because the composite material is right in the dentist’s office, it can be applied immediately, dried, and shaped to fit your mouth. Often you will be in and out of the dentist’s office in no time.
When composite material is used for a smile mini-makeover, this slightly more complex process may take a little longer than a single composite bonding fix. The dentist may take impressions of your teeth before treatment to create a “preview model” of what your new smile would look like. In the procedure:
- The teeth are isolated to prevent moisture
- The dentist may give an anesthetic
- A solution will be put on the surface of the natural tooth to strengthen the bond
- A liquid bonding agent is applies
- The dentist will place composite in stages on the tooth
- The teeth will be shaped and sculpted
- A high-intensity curing light will be used to harden the composite
- The dentist will create an appropriate finish for strength and durability
What Are the Advantages of Cosmetic Composite Dental Bonding?
- Your teeth will look nicer and more naturally healthy
- Teeth that are chipped or broken will function better
- You may have less trouble eating and with food getting stuck in your teeth
- If a gap has created a speech problem, having it closed should help
- Your smile will be more attractive
- Your confidence will soar because you will not be afraid to smile
Smile and Take Action
The first step on your way to a brighter smile and a better future is to come into the offices of professional dentists at Central Avenue Dental and have a consultation and evaluation. Both Dr. Alevtina Edgar and Dr. Igor Ilyabayev are experts in the area of restorative and cosmetic composite dental bonding and tooth repair. You will be amazed at how simple the process is, how confident your dentists are, the “practical miracles” they can work, and how great your new smile will make you feel. Call 212 571-0033 now to schedule a cosmetic dental bonding appointment at our office in NYC Tribeca or Valley Stream, Queens at 516 887-0020 to start your journey on a more beautiful smile and a more beautiful you.